As 2009 draws to a close we seem to be running faster than ever here at Powershop. However, I thought I’d take a few minutes out to share some of our highlights of the year with you all:
– We had our ‘official launch’ with the airing of our first TV ad on Sunday 22 February. All of the Powershop crew travelled over to our Contact Centre in Masterton to share in our first public moment. The quality of the TV reception didn’t dampen the enthusiasm one little bit.
– We hit our first milestone of 1,000 customers on 30 April (which just happens to be my birthday).
– Getting through Winter was hard for us. After an initial burst of enthusiasm the world seemed to slow a bit. However, being confirmed as the cheapest provider by MED in most areas we operate gave us a lift.
– We introduced NZs first smart meter product in Christchurch, our 20% Cheaper Weekends offer. This was a turning point in our growth, and the rate at which customers have been joining up has increased markedly over Spring.
– We recently started serving the small business market and were surprised at the amount we could save some businesses on their power costs. We were also really excited when we signed up our first 1 million kWh pa customer.
By far and away the most important achievement this year though was our ranking in the Consumer NZ energy provider satisfaction survey. We were overwhelmed by the response from our customers. This was really important to us, because it confirms we are on the right track. We launched our innovative retail service model into the marketplace with a strong hunch that our customers would see the real benefits it provides, and after they had used it for a while they would fall in love with this new way of buying power. So we genuinely want to say “Thanks”. Thank you for trusting us, thank you for your continued support, and thank you for loving us
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday break.
Ari and the Powershop Crew.