Powershop is proud to have been recognised as one of the first trusted businesses and only power company in Consumer NZ’s newly launched Consumer Trusted programme.
Consumer NZ have been providing Kiwis with the most trustworthy information they need to get a fair deal since 1959. They’re now offering a whole new level of trust with the launch of their new Consumer Trusted programme. The programme accredits businesses that are committed to delivering exceptional and fair customer experiences that are beyond consumer law requirements. Businesses need to meet Consumer’s strict code of conduct to earn their ‘Trusted’ status.
It’s measured on these eight key principles:
- Customer Service: To provide exceptional customer service.
- Returns and Refund Policies: To have fair, clear policies.
- Online Presence: To have an up-to-date, customer-friendly website.
- Disputes Resolution & Customer Complaints: To deal with all customer complaints fairly with the goal of the best possible outcome.
- Contracts: To have fair and easily understood contracts.
- Pricing: To have clear prices and fees displayed.
- Privacy and use of personal data: To ensure consumers’ personal details are not exploited.
- Advertising and Promotion: To ensure advertising and promotional material is accurate.
For the past six consecutive years, Powershop was rated 90% or more by Consumer NZ’s independent Customer Satisfaction Survey. The addition of our Consumer Trusted status is proof Powershop takes customer service seriously.
We’ve worked hard to demystify the industry and help customers take control. We put customers at the heart of everything we do and have built our business around customers’ needs, providing clear information and tools that allow customers to manage their power consumption and keep costs down.
People should demand more from electricity providers and should expect contracts, pricing and general communications to be simple and easy to understand. No company should hide behind confusing language and hidden terms and conditions.
We hope the power of the Consumer Trusted programme will encourage all players to lift their game.